A franchise agreement is the document that sets out what is required by you and the franchisor in any situation that may arise during the course of the franchise relationship.
It is important that you have an experienced franchise lawyer look over your franchise documents and advise you of any legal and commercial risks. An experienced franchise lawyer will also advise you of terms and conditions that are standard in the franchise industry.
We will review your franchise agreement considering:
- whether the franchise agreement reflects usual commercial practice;
- whether the franchise agreement reflects the agreement reached between you and the franchisor;
- whether there is anything unusual or unenforceable contained in the franchise agreement.
We will provide you with legal and commercial advice about:
- the terms of the franchise agreement (including any unusual or unfair terms);
- the legal consequences of signing the franchise agreement in its current form (including the legal consequences of signing any acknowledgments or waivers);
- any time limits you need to diarise and be aware of (such as renewal notification);
- what your rights are on termination or expiry;
- general protections under the Franchising Code of Conduct.
Contact us if you need a franchise agreement reviewed.