We have helped to franchise some of Australia’s most well known brands. We understand that the approach to franchising and growing a brand will depend on many factors.
If you are already a franchisor, we can assist you with the following matters.
We can review your franchise systems and assess your business growth strategy. What is working with your current franchise system and what is not working?
Review your Documents
We can review your legal documents and ensure that your franchise systems and processes are compliant.
Your legal documents may include:
- Franchise application documents,
- Franchise agreements and related deeds,
- Master franchise agreement and related deeds,
- Disclosure documents,
- Commercial and Retail Leases,
- Property Licence Agreements,
- Standard Lease Clauses for Franchisors,
- Intellectual Property Licence Agreements.
We can assist you in the resolution of any franchise dispute.
We can draft Notices to Remedy Breach, Termination Notices, Notices of Dispute under the Franchising Code of Conduct.
We can negotiate, mediate or litigate any dispute.
Ongoing franchise work
We can prepare franchise agreements and related documents for individual franchisees.
Ongoing franchise transactional work normally includes the following:
- preparation of disclosure document and franchise agreements for each franchise granted and sending to the franchisee in accordance with the Franchising Code,
- ensuring that there is an audit trail for the purposes of establishing compliance with the Franchising Code at all stages of this process,
- processing and stamping franchise agreements,
- negotiating and drafting certain amendments to the franchise agreement,
- registering or transferring a business name,
- preparing bank authorities if necessary,
- conducting police and credit checks,
- reviewing leases,
- preparing property licence agreements.
Franchisee sale or transfers
We can assist you to develop and implement procedures for franchisee transfers including
- review of the sale contract,
- incorporation of terms into the sale contract,
- dealing with the sale monies,
- the development or review of an exit or surrender deed.
Franchising is what we do and it’s what we have been doing for 35 years.
Contact us and let our experience help you.