- What We Do
- Business Structures
- Commercial and Retail Leasing
- Commercial Litigation
- Dispute Resolution
- Enforcing Obligations under an Agreement
- Franchise Agreements
- Franchise Business Model
- Franchise Consulting
- Franchise Documents
- Franchise Mediation
- Licence and Distribution Agreements
- Ongoing Franchise Work
- Prepare and Update Disclosure Documents
- Register a Trademark
- Resolve a dispute
- Review a surrender deed
- Review Franchise Agreements
- Selling and buying a business
A commercial or retail lease is an agreement that sets out the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants.
The lease will include provisions about:
- the duration of the lease,
- any rights of renewal,
- any rights of assignment,
- the amount of rent to be paid,
- the calculation of rent increases,
- the provision of bank or other guarantees; and
- the grounds upon which the lease can be terminated.
Generally you are committed to pay the rent for the duration of the term of the lease whether or not your business is successful or your business continues to operate from the leased premises.
If you are entering into a franchise agreement, ideally the term of the lease should match the term of the franchise agreement.
We provide advice and assistance on all issues of commercial and retail leasing.
- advise you of any commercial and legal risks in entering into a commercial or retail lease,
- ensure that the terms of the lease are consistent with the arrangement agreed,
- assist you with any necessary negotiations about the terms of the lease,
- assist you with the negotiation and resolution of any commercial or retail lease disputes.
Contact us today to find out how we can assist you with a commercial or retail lease.